It’s tricky knowing when to go and when to wait. Symptoms are elusive and the future is unknown. It’s hard NOT to be influenced by our desire to stay away. Safe to say it’s always an emotional process as we watch and talk and try to decide what steps to take next.
Were we responsible for his issue(s)? Were we not careful enough avoiding all the baddies? Why can’t we control all these things?!
Side Note: This is one way in which having confidence in your hospital has a real impact—I can’t imagine adding into the equation a real sense of uncertainty around one’s hospital. So on this count we are again grateful for our “neighborly” Children’s Hospital. ❤️
We’re gonna take Noah into the ER to check things out. His respiratory concerns are not serious. His nose has a funny clogged sound, but we can’t get anything out of note. Before we head into the hospital though, we’re going to see how he tolerates food.
After so many inpatient stays, it’s still surprising to us how unique each bout of illness is—the symptoms, the duration, the care, the medication.
…not one we invite, but one we accept.
Headed down now. Praying we can find some answers and peace about how to proceed and take care of Noah the best. WHAT AN ADVENTURE… not one we invite, but one we accept.
On the fence here with all the doctors as to wether to be admitted or not. He may have Stridor. Stridor is a high-pitched, wheezing sound caused by disrupted airflow. Airflow is usually disrupted by a blockage in the larynx (voice box) or trachea (windpipe). It’s most noticeable when breathing in, though it can sometimes be heard when breathing out. For Noah it’s really manifesting while he sleeps cause his oxygen saturation to drop below normal.
We’re going to stay for a night at least and see how his symptoms progress. Still not sure if his viral swab is positive or negative yet.
His viral swab came back negative! A first for us coming into the ER. We’re on the floor with pulm service. Current diagnosis: early pneumonia / pneumonitis caused by some mild aspiration. Steroids and antibiotics right off the bat hopefully will cut things off before they get worse.
- Praying our stay can be our shortest yet—less than five days!
- And praise the Lord—no ICU (yet) this stay!
We’re doing well. Settled in here for, hopefully, a short stay.